Twitter is an amazing promotional tool as well as a way to meet some awesome people! It definitely helps increase your Etsy views and business. If you aren't utilizing it to it's fullest, here's how :-)
On Etsy your RSS feed is linked directly from your shop, and every time you update or renew an item 'twitterfeed' will automatically post it to twitter for you. You can even set up the timel you want them to update, like every hour or every 24 hours, it's great! You can set up your twitterfeed account to automatically update to twitter like this... :-)
1. Go to... http://twitterfeed.com
2. Make an Open ID, Click the blue (more), it will take to to where you can create an openID, I used vidoop, and created a new OpenID with my Etsy Username...
3. It will give you an activation code sent to you email, after you get that, you can log in to www.twitterfeed.com with your New OpenID name,
For example, mine is now http://beadinbabe.myvidoop.com/ ...
4. It will have you fill out your info..name, birthday ect. Then will ask for the RSS URL of the account you want to feed
**To find your RSS go to your Etsy Site to 'Shop Home' on the right side of your screen, scroll down and you will see a little orange and grey RSS feed box, click on that..It will take you to your RSS feed, go up the the URL, highlight that and copy it. This is what you will insert in the twitterfeed as the URL you want to feed from :-)
4. It then asks what you want to feed (title and description or just title) You can choose whichever you Like. The Prefix for each tweet is what will be put up in front of every RSS that is sent through to Twitter.
6. Make sure your active box is checked.
7. Click Create! You are all set!! This will make things much easier when using twitter since all of your renewals and new listings will automatically be posted to twitter for you. Good luck! :-)
Have fun tweeting!! :-) www.twitter.com/beadinbabe
Jan 23, 2009
WOOHOOOO!! I'm SO excited!!
My heart necklace ^ was selected for the *Season of Love* poll on the Storque!! This is my first time ever being picked for anything! Even a poll! lol
Katie, an intern for the Etsy blog contacted me and told me to "Make sure to spread the word, blog the link, and let people know about it so that they can vote for your item! The top favorite items will be featured in the Gift Guides and on the Etsy blog. Share the love!"
So that's what I'm doing!! Will you help me? Thanks everyone!
PLEASE VOTE FOR ME! > http://www.etsy.com/voter_list.php?ref=voter&room_id=28 Thank You Everyone!!!